Thursday, June 13, 2013

Bacon wrapped meatloaf

So this is the first time I have smoked a meatloaf, also the first time bacon weaving. I made a bacon weave then placed 1 lb of ground beef and pork on it. It was seasoned with dried oregano, garlic salt, black pepper, minced onions, cumin, paprika, kosher salt, allspice, one egg and some water. I placed feta cheese, sliced onion and green olives on the meat.

 photo IMG_0190.jpg

Roll the meat to a loaf shape with the bacon wrap on the outside.

 photo IMG_0191.jpg

Wrapped her up and put on the smoker for about 2.5-3 hours at 220.   Yes that is a multimeter I am using for monitoring temperature.

 photo IMG_0192.jpg

Fully cooked and ready to be sliced open.

 photo IMG_0194.jpg

Came out pretty good except next time I am going to use less smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment