Monday, February 13, 2012

Pizza take 2

This is attempt #2 at pizza on the grill.  This time I used my STOK cast iron grill grate.  This way of making pizza without a stone or pan in my humble opinion is my favorite.

Ingredients:
  • pizza dough
  • flour
  • cooked hot sausage
  • pizza sauce
  • Mexican shredded cheese
  • sliced plum tomatoes
  • sliced onion

Spread out the pizza dough to make as thin as possible.  But not less than 1/4".  Use flour on the counter so that the dough does not stick.  Mine did not come out as thin as I wanted but that is ok.  Oiled both sides and threw on the grill on indirect heat.  Let it cook long enough so it had a solid crust and could be flipped.

Photobucket


After the second side is firmed up remove the crust from the grill.  Add the sauce and then topping to the dough.  Through it back on the grill and put the lid on.  When the cheese is melted it is ready to be pulled.

Photobucket


Off the grill.

Photobucket


Came out good but the dough was a little too thick and not quite done all the way. But I will have to experiment further.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment