Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Potato Grenade

So this is my take on the BBQ Pit Boys potato bomb.  But instead of using an apple coring tool we carve out the inside of the potato to fit more fillings.  In a potato bomb you fill the hole left by the apple corer, in a potato grenade you carve out the insides to leave a 1/4-3/8" shell.  See the CAD drawing below.

Photobucket

You will need to split the potato in half then carve it as the picture above.  For this I used a knife and cheap spoon I sharpened.  You could also use a melon baller.  Also the bottom of a beer can will need to be cut out for a stand.

Photobucket

I stuffed mine with shredded mozzarella cheese, hot sausage and onion.   They were compacted as they were added.   Then I used a skewer to hold the two halves together as I placed it on the grill on indirect.

Photobucket

I let it go 20 minutes with the lid on then turned it 180° and let go another 20 minutes. At that time I put on the onions, cooked them and then on with some hot sausage.

Photobucket

Here it is opened up. It was a taste explosion!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment